- In a small mixing bowl combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, mint, garlic, pomegranate and a pinch of salt. Place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Trim ends off of asparagus (approx 3-5cm off to get to the softest part). Lightly coat spears with olive oil and cook on medium heat over a grill pan or on your grill until seared to your preference. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt and pepper. Cut into 1cm pieces.
- Assemble the salad by combining microgreens, corn, asparagus, blackberries and pine nuts in a large bowl. Add salad dressing, toss well and serve immediately!
- 1 1/2 cups mixed microgreens (sorrel, mizuna, alfalfa, black mustard)
- 1 cup black basil microgreens
- 1 cup blackberries (ripe and sweet!)
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts
- 1 ear red corn, cut off the cob
- 1/2 bunch white asparagus
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic, pressed
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. of mint, finely chopped
- sea salt
- black pepper
Can be substituted into any recipe calling for green basil microgreens for a burst of colour