- Prepare the pasta according to the box directions, making sure to leave it al dente as it will cook more in the sauce – take a minute or so off the cooking time. Reserve a ½ cup or so of the starchy pasta liquid; set aside and drain pasta into a colander.
- In a large skillet, add the butter and melt until it seems ready to brown. Add the pasta: coat with the butter. Add the tatsoi and toss in the skillet until it begins to wilt. Add the basil, chopped chives, salt and pepper, and ½ cup of Parmigiano Reggiano. Squeeze half a lemon over all.
- Serve with freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano and remaining lemon.
- 16 ounces dried pasta (pasta that has ridges or holes work best)
- ½ stick of unsalted butter
- 2 cups tatsoi microgreens
- 1 cup basil microgreens
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (or your preferred brand of Parmesan cheese)
- kosher salt and coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 lemon cut in half – slice one of the halves into wedges