- Preheat oven to 220 C and place a rimmed baking sheet in oven as it heats. Toss broccoli, onion, and garlic with oil and salt. Spread out on hot baking sheet and roast until broccoli is darkened in spots, about 20 minutes, stirring once.
- Place broth, roasted vegetables, broccoli microgreens, feta, beans, lemon juice, and chili powder (if using) in blender or food processor container and blend until smooth. Warm soup in saucepan, and thin as needed with additional broth or water.
- Serve soup garnished with additional microgreens and feta, sunflower seeds, and a drizzle of oil.
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced into 2.5 cm wedges
- 4 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 Tbsp. grapeseed oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 cups vegetable broth, preferably salt free
- 1 cups broccoli microgreens
- 125ml feta cheese, chopped plus more for garnish
- 1 cup cooked or canned navy (haricot) beans
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder (optional)
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted roasted sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. mixed microgreens for garnish