- Add the red onion to a bowl, then the tomatoes. Add a little salt and pepper. Leave for 10 minutes to allow the tomatoes to release some of their juices, and the onion to soften a little.
- Add the lemon juice, olive oil and basil. Fold gently a couple of times to mix. Serve immediately.
- ½ red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 500 g mixed tomatoes, the best you can find, cut into different sized and shaped pieces
- juice of 1 lemon
- 4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup purple basil microgreens
- salt and pepper
Can be substituted into any recipe calling for green basil microgreens for a burst of colour